Faculty of Medicine Call for Nominations: External Education and Teaching Awards
May 27, 2017
This message is from the Office of the Vice Deans, Faculty of Medicine:
Nominations due 5 PM, Saturday May 27, 2017
Every spring and fall, our Faculty's Education and Teaching Awards Committee recognizes individuals who are making significant contributions to medical education.
Faculty members who are demonstrating excellence in teaching, education scholarship and leadership in education, are recognized for their contributions by supporting their nomination to a diverse selection of awards.
At this time, we welcome internal nominations for the following future awards:
Early Career Achievement
- AFMC - Young Educators Award (Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada)
- CAME - Meridith Marks Award (Canadian Association for Medical Education)
- CMA - Award for Young Leaders (Canadian Medical Association)
Career Achievement / Sustained Excellence Awards
- AFMC - President's Award
- RCPSC – The Duncan Graham Award (Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada)
- UofT – President’s Teaching Award (University of Toronto)
Equity, Diversity & Gender Award
- STLHE – Alan Blizzard Award (Society for Teaching & Learning in Higher Education)
Program Development (Incorporating CanMEDS Roles into a Health-Related Training Program)
- RCPSC - Donald R. Wilson Award
To make a nomination, please use the electronic nomination form.
Please note: to ensure sufficient lead time for adjudication and preparation of nomination dossiers, the internal nomination deadlines are set well in advance of deadlines for final submission.
This deadline will be strictly observed and late nominations will not be accepted. Supporting documentation should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
For more information about these awards, please contact the Office of the Education Vice-Deans at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-946-3921.